Thursday, August 9, 2012

wealth

Last May, I quit my second job in effort to save my sanity.  It's been quite an adjustment these last couple of months, I do not have a lot of money now.  At.  All.  I mean, it's a little dire y'all.  But you know what?  I'm so rich.

I will dedicate today's post to a list of the things that have increased my wealth now that I have only one job and zero extra dollars:


I can turn up the music and have a dance party across the hardwood floor, which I am absolutely, whole-heartedly, and completely adore, in my living room.

I have read more books this summer than I have read in the last two years.

I have been able to spend so much more quality time with so many of my ABs that I'd lost touch with.

My Goddaughter and Godsons know who I am.

I have, on more than one occasion this summer, played in the sprinkler both with and without a kid to join me.  

I have been able to spend more time writing again.

I have time to actually taste the food I eat.

I have to cook on the cheap, which means lots of creative concoctions involving eggs, spices, veggies, and tortillas.  Oh, and grilled eggplant.  Uh, YUM!

I have run more miles more consistently than possibly ever in my life.

I have had the opportunity to strengthen my faith and am gaining such an amazing sense of peace and balance.

Money may be tight, but I have not once regretted my choice!  What simple things bless your lives?



No comments:

Post a Comment