And so, in tribute of my recent triumphs, I thought that it would be fitting to recap some of the important lessons that have made this place possible:
- Hard work and constistancy are necessary ingredients for achieving any goal, although hard work doesn't always mean or look the same in every situation.
- The way your body is used to practicing is the way it will perform.
- Old habits and ways of thinking die hard.
- Things cannot be removed from our lives without replacing them with something else.
- The only real peace comes from knowing that God is in charge.
- People who care about you will want to know who you really are. Cherish them.
- You owe the loved ones in your life the time it takes to truly get to know who they really are.
- Sometimes we relapse into bad habits so that we can remember not only how far we've come, but also how far we still have to go.
- There is no shame in being a nice person.
- When you feel pretty, you act pretty, and that is the pretty that matters.
- Honesty and a good sense of humor about your shortcomings will put a lot of things into perspective.