- Mastered my interpretation of a description I found, I think, in this month's issue of Women'sHealth of a "west coast blow out". Ok, I don't really know if its officially a blow out, but oooohhhhh, my hair just looked so effortless and shiny today that I altered my outfit so that I could bear wearing it down in all this heat and humidity! And a side note: my love for driving with the windows down did not hinder my hair in the least, which totally makes me hotter (in my fantasy sequences, at least)!
- I way over spent on groceries today, like budget for 3 weeks overspent, but I shopped the perimeter of the store, only bought what was on my list, and bought as much on sale as possible. I'm pretty pumped because I probably would have spent it under the golden arches if I wouldn't have spent it on eggplant!
- I successfully made and enjoyed a fabulous meal of Eggplant Parmesean, a glass of Pino Grigio and peaches topped with home-made whipped cream and pecans. Holy YUM!
- The above meal, sans the wine, cost me (based on what I had on hand and what I just bought) around $1 per serving! Whoo Hooo! It's a good thing I'm rocking the whole cook-on-the-cheap schtick because I've got two whole weeks until payday!
- Today was officially the last day of summer vacay for this chick and I've got my coffee pot set to brew at 5:15, my clothes all laid out, and my lunch (leftovers) neatly nestled into my elephant lunch box (really, we can't take ourselves too seriously now; its my conversation starter)!
- Mary Beth was finally sent home on Food Network Star. Ha. Sorry, it had to be said.
There's so much more, but one of my sleepy man-eaters seems to be irritated that I am still awake and I suppose, since I just glanced at the time and realized that I'm gonna have to be up in around 5 hours, I should go to bed ...
Sweet dreams, my lovelies :)